The government of India established the Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science in 1972, by organizing two training courses for senior officers of the Central Justice System. It provides M.A. in Criminology and M.Sc. in Forensic Science and researches Criminology and Forensic Science. It also offers PG Diploma courses in Investigation of Cyber Crime & Law, Security Management, and Victimology & Victim Assistance. Admission is based on the rank obtained in GGSIPU CET and counselling.
Table of Content
- LNJN NICFS Quick Facts
- LNJN NICFS Courses
- LNJN NICFS Scholarships
- LNJN NICFS FAQs
LNJN NICFS Quick Facts
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute Of Criminology And Forensic Science collaborates with other institutions, Organizations, Associations and societies in India and abroad for the promotion of study of Criminology And Forensic Science and their application.
- An individual who passes certain entrance exams is only eligible to take up admission. Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by GGSIPU is solely the criteria for the selection.
- The LNJN NICFS library has over 16000 volumes of books and subscribes over 42 journals on social work, social anthropology, criminology, sociology, law, policy, science, forensics, chemistry, biology, physics, etc.
LNJN NICFS Courses
|M.Sc Forensic Sciences
||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Min 50% CGPA in B.Sc.
Fees: INR 61,000 per year
||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Min 50% CGPA in BA Criminology
Fees: INR 4,000-80,000 per year
||Duration: 1 Year
Specializations: Investigation of Cyber Crime & Law, Security Management, and Victimology & Victim Assistance
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Read More: LNJN NICFS Courses & Fees
LNJN NICFS Scholarship
The scholarship has been divided into two categories:
- Scheme A LNJN NICFS Merit and Means Scholarship: This scholarship is provided for professional and technical courses. It includes categories like scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities. Financial assistance will be INR 2000 per month for 12 months in quarterly instalments. The scholarship will be approved only with the submission of a certificate of prescribed minimum attendance of 75% and a minimum of 60% marks.
NOTE: The students applying under this scheme will be eligible if the annual income of the parent/guardian does not exceed INR 5 Lakh.
- Scheme B LNJN NICFS Scholar Book Grant: Financial assistance available under this scheme will be INR 10000/- per annum for the purchase of the books. The book grant will be given to the students only on submission of receipts of books purchased and approved by faculty.